About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Faits accomplis!

Bittiest’s birthday present is done, all but the blocking. I have wound the yarn for the new guy’s second chemo cap. Had a nice quiet evening, mostly at home, just me and the knitting and the podcasts.

Schlepped the trash and the recycling out to the street. Ran to the store for some groceries. Put them away.

Bought my ticket for a special showing of 17 Miracles, about the Willie handcart company, for Friday night. Am going to an earlier showing than most of the singles, because I don’t want to hang out in Plano for four hours after work until their showing starts. I want to be on my way back home by then.

Meeting a new girlfriend from the singles for refueling before the movie. The new guy and his mom and some of his kids may be at the same showing. That will depend entirely on how his chemo goes today, and whether/which side effects show up.

In a fit of wild optimism, I bought a curling iron with a fat barrel while at the store last night. Not quite in the mood to wrangle with it today. I haven’t even gotten it out of the packaging at this point.

This is the part where I sluice off, rinse the socks that I washed last night and hang them up to dry, do something plausible with my hair, and scoot out the door with all sorts of healthy options for my food cubby at work.

I am losing my nice neighbors. They have found a place that’s bigger, a few blocks away. They have been pure joy, but I knew that the other half of the duplex was just a temporary stop for them while they solidified their plans. I’m going to miss them.

Correction: this is the part where I start sneezing, and my ankle blows up, and I call in dead and go back to bed. But I have gorgeous, shiny hair.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Swollen ankles always concern me, because I had them as a classic symptom while reacting to a med by coming down with a temporary case of congestive heart failure. Be careful for me.