About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Insufficient mammary at this time.

That pun in honor of my friend Alison, who was frogged recently. (Froggings will continue until morale improves?)

Today I have my mammogram. And my well-woman. And lunch with BestFriend. [Lorelai gets her turn at the car doc this afternoon.] I have my list of questions printed off to ask the doctor, and a copy of my advance directive. Because we know how deadly a mammogram can be. (I do realize that the online pre-registration form is intended for major surgery, every bit as much as the technically non-invasive slamming of The Girls into a vise that is a mammogram, which is why the form asks if one has an advance directive, and then says to bring a copy. I just find it amusing.)

If there is sufficient time, I may get to squeeze in a trip to a local yarn shop that carries those stiletto needles. I have not yet visited her shop, and she’s been open for a little over a year. In my defense, I only found out that she has a brick-and-mortar shop about six weeks ago. Oh drat, I just checked online. She’s not open on Mondays. I see from the manufacturer’s website that the needles are also sold at another local shop owned by a woman to whom we refer as She Who Must Not Be Named. No thanks.

I need to be out the door in half an hour, to be at the Grand Inquisitor’s mammography unit in an hour. Lunch will not get here one moment too soon.

2 comments:

AlisonH said...

Good luck! (Mine's next week--that skin cancer got me moving.)

Bonnie said...

I'm really excited that the Harry Potter party lingo is spilling over into the other areas of your life. Keep it up!