About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Pondering and meditation.

Girls, this is why I spend so much time in the temple. Another lovely, calm, quiet stretch of service and insight, last night. They even had me training/shadowing a new sister, and I made significant progress in my own training.

I am looking down the barrel of another week of insanity: dinner with a girlfriend tonight (if nothing comes up between now and then), much knitting at the dealership tomorrow while they finish fixing Lorelai’s AC, church on Sunday morning, a fireside where my friend Jody is the speaker that night, a massage after work on Monday, Knit Night on Tuesday, haircut and waxing (ouch!) on Wednesday, temple again on Thursday, dance on Friday, can’t remember what on Saturday, more church on Sunday, and the week after that is a blank.

There was no knitting yesterday. None. Instead, I had a lovely conversation on Things Financial with one of my lawyer friends during lunch. He did not give me advice. He did confirm that something I am doing each payday is based on sound financial principles. (I knew that already, but it’s always nice to hear a second witness from somebody whose judgment you trust.) I may or may not tweak my investment mix, based on our discussion. He was quick to say, “Don’t make changes just because I said X. I don’t want you to do it and have it go wrong and then have you be mad at me.” I told him I would think about it, and then I would pray about it, and that if the Spirit said that that was what I should do, then I would do it, but only if. It’s my money, and it’s my responsibility to manage it, and to learn or consider different ways to do so, consistent with wisdom and inspiration.

1BDH emailed me back re: my prioritization of the various tasks which need to be done on Lorelai and said it looked good to him.

Still feeling the benefit of that brief chair massage on Wednesday night.

Today’s weather forecast? Tired, but happy. With a chance of chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oooh, look, you managed to figure out how to put a little heart in at the end. Yay!