About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, October 01, 2011

General Conference time!!!

I love General Conference. I love sitting quietly for two hours at a time, with my knitting to keep my hands busy and the rest of me awake, and hearing what Heaven thinks is important for me to know. I love that there is a prophet on earth today, as in Moses’ day, who gives loving counsel tailored for our times. I know that I will hear things today and tomorrow which will address my needs and concerns. And I will hear sublime music, and feel the Spirit, and holy peace will descend upon me and bubble through me.

I am going to run a [very] few errands this morning. I began the day with a nice bowl of Irish oatmeal, and I have all kinds of fruity and veggie goodness in the fridge, for snacking on throughout the day. At some point there will be a big salad, although I plan to throw most of the baby spinach into another batch of the new guy’s spinach and mushroom jollop.

I hope to make enormous progress on BittyBit’s birthday present. It would be lovely to finish it and get it, and Lark’s birthday present, blocked. The latter will probably happen sometime today; blocking is a quiet activity that does not interfere with contemplation.

I hope this day brings all of you much quiet joy, that you feel your connection to Heaven, and that all of the surprises are good ones.

No comments: