About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

What’s cooking?

Actually, that should be “Who’s cooking?” And the answer would be “Me!”

Slept like a rock last night, up at 4:00, hit the kitchen almost immediately. A pot of risotto with herbes de Provence and the last scraps of ham. A pan of the new guy’s mushroom and spinach jollop. All packaged up in take-along’s for lunch today and tomorrow, with a little risotto to spare.

Didn’t stay long at Knit Night last night, just long enough to show off the new laceweight and let my friends pet it, and to finish the current stripe on BittyBit’s scarf. I’m weaving in the ends as I finish each stripe, because this is a tubular scarf and because I don’t like to weave in ends. So when I get to the end of the scarf, I’ll have two ends from the beginning of the last stripe, and the tag end after binding off, and done.

I need to leave for work in five minutes. Lunch and dinner are packed. Overtime starts tonight. I plan to work as much of that as I can, and Knit Night will necessarily take a backseat. The temple and the Sabbath will not. Most of my Saturdays are already booked (so nice to have my calendar on my phone).

Blogging might be a little thin on the ground as well, but probably not. The new guy is in zombie mode today after yesterday’s chemo, but otherwise in good spirits. Two days until my massage, and dinner with him, and the dance at my building.

And in the meantime, I had better scoot!

No comments: