About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Monday, October 10, 2011

I promised some pictures.

This is the shawlette I made for Willow:



A detail. The yarn is a little too busy to properly show off the nupps.



And this is a smidgen of the scarf I made for Lark:



It was a glorious weekend. I am really looking forward to the week ahead. And yes, I did remember to switch out knitting projects so that BittyBit will have at least some element of surprise when she opens her gift later this year.

Have I mentioned that I really, truly love my tribe? I took a quiet moment yesterday to speak with the spouse emeritus and let him know that I would be bringing the new guy to Thanksgiving dinner, so he would not be blind-sided. I also told him that, should the new guy pop the question, I would accept, and what the new guy is dealing with, health-wise. He took it all graciously.

No comments: