About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, October 07, 2011

Gunga don’t.

In which your intrepid heroine has a difference of opinion with the water cooler, and the water cooler loses.



On the other hand, the Tonka boys are finally done with my curb and driveway. For the past several days, there has been a small pile of dirty yellow sand where the concrete ended and the pea gravel began. Too high to drive over, too small to be useful at filling the trench they had left. So I continued to park on the street. Last night I came home to a neat field of jawbreaker-sized gravel extending from the concrete, several feet into the driveway, and too chunky to wind up caught in the soles of my sneakers.

Lark’s scarf is blocked. Family party at Firstborn’s on Sunday after church. I hope we will have our traditional fruit roll-up races, although I probably shouldn’t participate, because I’m sure they are loaded with high fructose corn syrup as well as artificial coloring. All of the October birthday presents are wrapped or sitting next to their gift bags, and are stacked neatly on the back of the couch. I will put my sister’s in a mailing box this weekend and send it on its way sometime next week.

I’m also approaching the halfway point on BittyBit’s scarf. Five more rounds will finish this stripe. Simple, mindless knitting at its best.

I pick up the office birthday cake in a little over an hour. Time to assemble my lunch and weave in a few ends on the scarf.

Happy Friday, everybody!

No comments: