About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, May 18, 2012

A beautiful day in Ms. Ravelled’s neighborhood.

Woke up on the right side of the dirt, as one of my friends would say. Reconciled both checkbooks, paid nearly 10% off on one of our debts (!!!), tanked Lorelai, knitted at stoplights, and still got to work on time.

All of my to-do’s are to-done, and I am waiting for 5:00 when my very own handsome prince will pick me up in the blue steed to head out to dinner with Best Friend and her hubby. We will leave Lorelai in the parking garage here and pick her up on the way home.

Tomorrow we get to hear the Bitties in concert. This will be BittyBit’s second piano recital, and BittyBubba’s first. Their teacher normally doesn’t take four year olds (she prefers to wait until they are six, if I remember correctly), but he is so passionate about music that he won her over.

Can’t. Wait.

We are in process of getting a new oncologist and a new treatment venue. The nurse at his PCP’s office is fantastic, and I can’t wait to meet her (which I probably will in the next couple of weeks). The new doctor/setting is close to home, which will save wear and tear on Beloved, not to mention the vehicles.

This is the part where I casually mention how much I am loving the alpaca yarn I am knitting up. Almost ready to spit-splice ball number three. That may very well happen before I go to bed tonight.

And one of my friends has some (presumably rubber) stamps that belonged to her sister. Am I interested? Absolutely! Where will I put them? In the studio. Somewhere.

Can you get Beanitos where you live? They are black bean chips (with a little rice), and while they leave Beloved cold, I think they are pretty amazing. Especially if you bring a single portion of Wholly Guacamole in which to dip them, and eat them as dessert at lunchtime.

Let the weekend beginnnnnnn!

No comments: