About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, May 21, 2012

Fun with four year olds.

Newsflash! I had fun getting to know M. the Marauder a little better last night. He and his grandpa are almost out the door to go fishing. I abstained from breakfast, as that table is perfect for two but not so much for three. I did get another nice visit with M. this morning. Thankfully, he is cheerful when he wakes, and he listens when reminded* not to pet the cat while the cat is eating his own breakfast, and he noticed that the cat needed fresh water in his bowl.

Grandpa and grandson are out the door. Breakfast time, and then I need to get ready for work. We are having visitors from other offices all week, so I will be wearing skirts and dress slacks rather than a nice shirt plus jeans. (I love it that I work in a legal office and get to wear jeans pretty much any time I choose. I also like dressing up.)

Lots of knitting progress after we got home from the stake meeting yesterday, notwithstanding that I spent several hours sorting through the rubber stamps and organizing them in a way that makes sense to me. The holiday stamps are together, as are the flora, the fauna, the humans, food, et al. Sixteen drawers full of rubber stamps. Another time I will count up how many there are. But it’s safe to say that our net worth increased significantly yesterday.



Can’t wait to see this movie!

*When I was a little girl, Dad and his brother ran a feed-and-seed store. There was a silo for the farmers to store their wheat for shipping, and there was food for all sorts of critters: chickens, rabbits, cats, dogs, etc. There was also a big, black, grumpy cat named George. We did not have a cat at home, because my mother was allergic, so he fascinated me. Mom told me never to pet him when he was eating. One day I did. He scratched a perfect “L” in the palm of my left hand. I cried. I got no sympathy. (I did get my hand washed, and Mercurochrome™ on the scratch, and a bandaid.) M. the Marauder is a better listener than I was.

2 comments:

Tola said...

i lightly stroke Ghealach's back when she's eating. she seems to enjoy it, as she arches up to follow my hand. but just 3 or 4 strokes then i leave her alone. foodtime is not snuggle-time. im trying to encourage her to not run away when someone reaches out to stroke her, and if i can combine soft stroking with food, then that's a positive reinforcement. she's also learning how to eat treats out of our hands.

Jenni said...

I can pet my daughter's cats any time I want if they want a place to live. That's what happens when you are alot bigger.
I also can't wait to see Brave!