About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The cat is on my list.

He was talking to me. I thought he wanted to go out. I opened the front door. He sat there, muttering at me, while a moth the size of Cincinnati flew straight at my mouth, then over my head.

I went to the pantry and grabbed the flyswatter. The evil moth was lurking on the ceiling in the hall. I took a mighty swing but only grazed him. He flew off to parts unknown.

I took my knitting into the bathroom for safekeeping, plugged my phone into the charger, and shut the door.

The cat yowled again. Beloved opened the back door, and the cat sauntered outside.

I hope he got eaten by a moth.

(P.S. In knitting news, the additional yarn came from Knit Picks. Same dye lot. Knit Picks, unlike our cat, rocks!)

2 comments:

Robi said...

My cat trumps "your" cat (I'm using that term very loosely). I have a 30 lb. Maine Coon that's gorgeous. Just not smart. About as dumb as a paperweight. But he has me well trained. He's starts skwalling about something. Jim yells at him while I follow him (the cat, not Jim) around the house asking him what he wants. He eventually leads me to the bathroom where I can give him his cup of water. Or the kids bedroom because he wants a name. Or sometimes it's just to complain. And when he starts picking on the other cat Cleo we know he wants out. She's his doorbell. Mister is so danged, oh, what's the word I'm looking for? Too many and some not so nice!

Tola said...

unlikely that was a wool moth.