About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Zombie mode.

But instead of brains for breakfast, I wolfed down a nuked potato with sour cream. I ended up leaving work early and going to the doctor. He gave me a prescription for Augmentin. Twice a day for ten days. No side effects so far.

I slept somewhat better last night. Five hours the first time and two hours the second. I suspect that I will be dozing off and on all day.

Have canceled all the fun activities I had planned to enjoy. No Main Street Arts Festival. No lunch with a dear friend. The goal is to be well enough to return to work on Monday. I am even staying home from church tomorrow.

I am beginning to understand why so many men like recliners. It would be nice to have one out in the living room. With a table to hold my CPAP. This dozing off semi-upright with no neck support is for the birds. When I wake up it's a two-handed job to straighten my head.

I think breakfast has settled. And I'm sleepy again. I hope y'all have as much fun today as I was planning to.

No comments: