About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

And a little more unstuck.

I was home Wednesday. Dishwasher arrived safely and works like a champ. I cleaned out and reorganized one cupboard and parts of two more. Moved the microwave cart out of the path of the delivery crew and have just about decided to put it out in the garage. It's serving mainly as a bookcase at the moment.

Eventually I would like to put the dehydrator on top, for easier schlepping. I think the largest Coleman cooler will also be making like Elvis and leaving the building. Just having moved the cart three feet has really opened up the space where it had stood.

The Second Final Notice has arrived from Verizon. I celebrated by posting Taylor Swift's "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" and dedicating it to them. Followed this morning by a very young Linda Ronstadt singing "When Will I Be Loved?" To be followed, eventually, by her singing "You're No Good." Lots of good breakup songs out there.

This weekend is the Wildflower Festival in the next suburb over. I have my golden ticket. Gretchen Wilson and Charlie Daniels tonight. Grand Funk Railroad tomorrow.

In the humility department, I printed off the Dolmetsch fingering chart and discovered that all these years I have been using the wrong fingering for F natural. (Including for the past three and a half weeks of tootling.) Therefore,  I will be relearning half a dozen songs over the next month or so before learning new ones. The proper fingering produces a note that is richer and sweeter, so it will be worth the effort.

In knitting news, the "scowl" approaches completion. I am more pleased with each pattern repeat.

My campaign of mailing back what junk mail I can (in their prepaid envelopes), marked "deceased" with the date of death, yielded an apologetic response from one company. Maybe the word will filter out to the other companies.

Yes, I could go directly to the mail preferences list and enter Beloved's name and that of his mother. Eventually I will. But for now it's immensely satisfying to send back some of the mail at the leeches' expense.

I have had a really good week at work so far. SemperFi settled another case, and I friended his lovely wife on FB. He groaned comically when I told him. We are starting to close some of Mellow's cases as well. I love working with the other secretary.

Am hoping to have a moment of spare time in which to call my personal attorney and check the progress on settling the estate.

Don't remember if I mentioned it, but the art print that I ordered arrived safely on Monday. I took her to Michaels in search of a ready made frame but found nothing that spoke to me. Hobby Lobby will be next. I found several that were visually pleasing, but they were resin or plastic. This is not a poster. This is a signed and numbered print that I have waited for, for years. She deserves better.

Time to figure out what I'm wearing to work and what to take for lunch.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

I wondered how close the tornadoes were to you and yours?

AlisonH said...

If you're going to have a cover over the print when it's in the frame, make sure that it is UV-proof to protect the print. And be careful: there was a famous case of a Picasso taken to a framing shop where the employee cut off the signature to make it fit their frame.