About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blogging after hours, from work.

If you look to the left of my page, you will see a new button. My friend, Middle-Aged Mormon Man, is featuring conversion stories on his blog. Mine will be one of them.

The interviews for my recommend are finished. I have confirmed that my dear friend, who is a sealer at the temple (he performs the ordinance that I need in order to be Beloved's into the eternities, not just for the blip that was our mortal time together) is both willing and able (and, seriously excited but maybe not quite as much as I am) to officiate.

Now we are trying to figure out when. I've heard from some of you. I'm waiting to hear from others.

I will be sending out notes or emails to various friends. Oh how I wish that my dearest LDS sisters-of-the-wool could be there in addition to the local friends and family. You have been and are such wonderfully supportive friends.

And I think we are nearly done gathering the paperwork for the estate.

I've made up my mind to keep the olivewood recorder. I will contact the vendor tomorrow, and I will also make arrangements to send back the rosewood.

Have spoken to my new Lawn Dude. He says the yard is much improved and will look even better next time, now that it has been properly edged. He remarked that it had not been edged in a very long time. I told him, "Well, my husband died in January."

I am torn between going home to check out the yard, and heading to Knit Night. I have a sweater to throw over my shoulders, in case it is as cold as last time. My favorites will not be there, as their schedules are all tied up with end-of-school-year stuff, but I like the other ladies. I have a little bit of a tickle at the back of my throat, so if I go I am not likely to stay very long.

But I could run over to Firstborn's and maybe use her computer to log onto my Sprint account from her landline and find a link to shut down the monthly billing emails on my old account. I cannot seem to do it from my phone, and I went round and round with customer service over the weekend. My final response was, "FINE. I will just log on from a land line and block your address." They keep looping into the new account (Firstborn's) and asking for verification data that I cannot provide. I cannot convince them to look up my old account. We had some difficulties along this line when I was trying to return the air rave.

They are not, however, even at their most frustrating, like unto my frenemy, Verizon.

The two conversion stories that MMM published today were wonderfully reminiscent of some of my own adventures.  For the picture, I wanted to use the sheep from here, or the picture I use on Facebook. He chose the one of me with Bittiest, the day of Beloved's memorial service. I look so very tired and sad and brave. Not exactly how I want to put myself out there. I did accuse him of unrighteous blogging dominion. It made for a lively and interesting exchange. I caved.

In the eternal scheme of things, not of great consequence. But those of you who read his blog, if you want to cast asparagus* at him, I wouldn't object.

*Or aspersions. Either/or.

1 comment:

Rory said...

I love you Mom. I look forward to reading your conversion story. I think you've partially told me a few times but we get sidetracked.