About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

One interview down.

One more to go. I started this while waiting for my friend to come home so I could get that massage. I parked in front of her house, playing on my phone. Watched a great YouTube of a huge herd of last year's high school seniors (at *one school*) getting their mission calls. The church has had to open up 58 new missions to absorb the influx after they lowered the age for missionary service.

Had a good day at work yesterday. It felt like a cookies and milk day, so I stopped at Braum's on the way to work. Waylaid by seven new flavors. Had a scoop of chocolate chunk hazelnut for breakfast. Crackers and cheese a little bit later. Yogurt for lunch. I think it's safe to assume the dairy group was well represented yesterday.

And now it is more than 24 hours later. It was a good massage. We loosened another chunk of grief that had wedged itself into my musculature. I could not name that grief, but it is released. A gasp that startled both of us, a few seconds of intense but quiet sobbing, and then it was gone.

I coughed a lot during and after the massage. Just my body doing the bidding of my spirit and helping me get things off my chest. There have been a lot of petty frustrations of late, interspersed with all the tender mercies. (In other words, real life is alive and well chez Ravelled.)

I awoke this morning far less sore than last time but visibly bruised. Had a coughing jag right after waking that shook me all the way to my toes. And rumblies in my digestive tract that suggested it might be wise to stay home. (That particular revolt has yet to manifest, so it might have been related to the coughing jag.)

I called in to switchboard, emailed the office manager and my two attorneys, took a Zyrtec, and slept another four and a half hours. Up for three and then another nap.

I don't have a lot to show for this day. But I think I forestalled another upper respiratory infection. And I got a couple of rows of knitting done. Read a couple of General Conference addresses. Ate sensibly. Bought more Puffs and some frozen vegetables. Not my usual overstuffed day.

I was practicing with the new recorders at midnight. I liked the tone of the rosewood much better on second acquaintance. The olivewood one is definitely a keeper.

I'm winding down again. Time to get in this day's practice sessions. And then probably time to call it a night.

1 comment:

Tola said...

i think i need a massage therapist like yours.