About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Catch-breath.

No further overtime this week. I am glad. (But grateful for what I was able to work last week.) I spent the first hour and a half of my workday, yesterday, saving confirmations of most of the e-filing that I did last week. There were more confirmations that trickled in throughout the day. I have about a dozen stragglers to clean up. But when I went home, my desk looked like that of a grownup.

I also closed two cases yesterday. And wrangled all of my To-Do's. Today I will catch up the mail. I have another project that the office manager gave two of us, that will fill in the rest of the time. One of our new hires has been attached to a bunch of cases in our office. We have no idea how that happened. But another secretary and I have been meticulously detaching her and making sure that the proper attorney is attached for notification purposes. I love fiddly projects like these. I am very, very good at what one of my coworkers calls "minushka" (minutiae).

I dropped off two of the new library books after work, picked up the moldy raspberries to return them, got that done (exchanged them for a cheese spreader with a handle that looks like three stacked candy corns, so the store and I both came out winners on that transaction), and hit Costco for much needed staples and to top off the Tardis' tank. The numbers are all entered on my spreadsheet, and the receipts are shredded.

Today is recycling day. The bin with papers was ridiculously heavy, so I decanted some of its contents into the other bin. We do single-stream recycling here, but I like to keep paper separate from everything else while I'm gathering it, as everything lies more neatly in its bin that way.

I remembered to order my new glasses yesterday. Not much of a change from the pair I've worn for the past three years. These have held up very well, and they will go into my drawer with the last pair, for emergencies.

Lawn dudes come today. I'll get home from Knit Night to a yard free of random sprouts that are approaching knee high. I will probably get a nasty-gram from the city anyway. And my next installment of the medallion quilt should arrive at the office today or tomorrow, because there was a pending charge on my bank account this morning.

That's it for now. I need to take stuff out to the curb, figure out lunch, shred a couple more items, and hit the road.

No comments: