About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Scraps of progress

None of which involved quilting yesterday. Or clearing the morass on the floor in front of my closet, but I have time before quilt club this morning. And I will have more time after my friend's wedding this afternoon. And a good chunk of Monday, before and after the ward picnic.

So what did get done? Wrote checks for all the bills. Ran the dishwasher. Took all but one of the library books back to the library and did the grocery shopping. Mailed the other video about China Lake (they were not two identical videos, but parts one and two) to my sister-in-law. Bought the birthday gift card for Bittiest and a wedding gift for my friend. Took my Isiah stitchery out of its frame, smoothed it more firmly to the adhesive backing, and put it in a frame that had been holding a generic architectural print which I bought after the divorce. It's now hung on the wall by the front door next to the other prints about the Savior.

LittleBit came for dinner after she got off work. I made bread cheese pudding, salads, and my Fage/Nutella jollop for dessert. We talked and laughed, almost like old times. I showed her the results of my BYU Relative Finder search. The Spirit was with us, sweet and strong.

I read a (very) little after she left, and I slept like a rock. When I went out to the kitchen this morning to make breakfast, I discovered that I'd left the last dab of cream cheese out overnight.

I'm still vaguely hungry. I want to work on the quilt, and I need to make a card for the wedding and wrap the gift properly. I guess I will set the timer for an hour and see how much sewing I can get done in that time. Because right now I need to Make Stuff more than I need to be logical, or organized, or a host of other virtues. I'm feeling a bit more scattered than usual.

No comments: