About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, August 22, 2011

BestFriend’s Mom

Dear friends and family:

My best friend’s mom passed away yesterday afternoon, in a city far from home, while on vacation with other family members. Both daughters were able to be with her when she passed. [She is within a year of the same age as my big sister, and shares the same first name.] She was widowed in her 40’s and never remarried. So, while her sweetheart is no doubt ecstatic to be reunited on the other side of mortality, the family still waiting behind here on earth is grieving. Please remember them in your prayers.

She was a marvelous friend to me, particularly after I became a single mother. I am better because I knew her.

No comments: