About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

I might be AWOL tonight.

Dinner at the new guy’s on Sunday night, dinner at another friend’s last night (where they keep later hours than I do, and I didn’t get out the door until 10:00!!!). I am well-fed, supremely, happy, and sleepy. I think this is going to be a Cherry Coke day.

Not a lot of knitting got done yesterday, but my non-evil plan to get out the door early enough to tank Lorelai and get past the construction on I-30 and still have a few minutes for knitting before logging on, worked. But that was all there was.

At lunch we watched the last part of “Rio”, which we started on Friday. Loved it. The soundtrack is excellent, including possibly the best use of Lionel Richie in decades. The birds are adorable, the human protagonists are loyal and resourceful, and I would watch this one again.

Another weird dream last night, one in which I was stuck in a mess (physical and emotional) like unto when I was living with four children as a single mom at La Casa Cucaracha. There are still a few crumbs clinging to my brain this morning. Seldom has an alarm clock been more welcome!

It’s a good thing I love my job, because if I didn’t, this would be a good day to take at least half the day off, go back to bed, and try for a do-over.

New guy had a good day yesterday. I told him that, all humility aside, it was because he had his own personal ray of sunshine on Sunday. (That would be me.) And that my own endorphin count was running pretty high at the moment, just in case he was wondering.

The endorphins are still there. But this morning they are just staggering about in my bloodstream, instead of rappelling off the walls. Today’s non-evil plan is to get out the door early enough to set out the trash and the recycling and get past the construction on I-30 and still have a few minutes for knitting before logging on.

My new shirts were waiting for me at Coldwater Creek before I went to dinner. I tossed them into the trunk and fished them out again when I got home. I was so sleepy when I went to bed last night that I didn’t bother to rip open the bag and see if I like the colors as well in real life as I did online.

Stagger, stagger. Lurch, lurch. Rip, rip. Oh yeah. Bigtime! And maybe after my shower, I will have enough functioning synapses to decide which shirt to wear to work this morning.

Life [yawn, stretch, creak] is good.

No comments: