About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Maybe my title is under a couch cushion?

For those of you who are not Facebook friends: my friend Kristen linked to this.

And Tina shared this, in a link embedded in her current blog post. As Blogger does not want me to link to it, I will quote it: Constance’s face turned so red, her pale blue eyes glistened so brightly behind angry tears, and her wispy blond hair was in such a state of dishevelment that she looked more like a small child’s painting of a person than an actual person herself. A fierce display of vivid colors in odd proportions, she seemed to have stepped right out of a canvas for the sole purpose of throwing a fit. ~ The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

Had a good visit with Middlest last night. She was at work when the quake happened and barely felt it. Their apartment is on the second floor, and it was a little more pronounced there, but all was well at home, thus far. [Her roommate called her.] They are keeping a weather eye on Irene, which is supposed to strike land just south of them.

Had an amazing massage last night and learned a little more about how the body works. Or doesn’t. Mine, in particular. I have some tender spots this morning, but I can reach them with the golf ball and can work on them at odd moments throughout the day.

Just waiting for one of you to comment that my life seems to consist entirely of odd moments.

Have an appointment in a couple of weeks for a free allergy screening. I think it might be with a biofeedback machine??? At any rate, I’ll let you know how it goes, and what I learn. Free advice is sometimes priceless. And any testing that does not require me to fast from midnight on, is likely to get my vote.

Zero progress on the stealth project last night. A modicum of progress on the church knitting at lunch yesterday, while watching an old and deliciously clean movie with some of my co-workers. I think it might have been produced by Western Union, because there are plot telegraphs like you would not believe. But it is good clean fun.

The new guy went fishing yesterday and caught things he could keep.

And if I hurry up and get ready for work now, I might have time to sit on the couch and work on the stealth project before I have to hit the road.

No comments: