About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

The checkbook is well and truly balanced.

The same may not be said for Ms. Ravelled. Morning two of coughing and hacking. We are not amused. But in an hour, we can take more medicine, and that should help. (We also found an unopened box of Puffs on the end of the couch, which will go to work with us today.)

OK, enough of the royal we.

I just spent the better part of an hour entering data into my new check register and reconciling my checkbook. The register was stalled-out at about three weeks ago, and the little paper receipts were piling up. Now everything is financially tidy, and all that remains is to have a shred-fest.

Just got a call from Firstborn. She and 1BDH are having a date night at the temple, so I will get to see them for the first time since the family party in July. That will be great! I can’t wait to see his expression when he sees me standing there with my little name tag, radiating [relative] serenity and order and calm. If lightning hits the Dallas temple tonight, you will know why.

After doing a drive-by fooding for visiting teaching last night, I came home with a clear conscience (skipping the quilting class at RS since I already know how), because I wanted to finish the beading on the stealth project. Which I did. It was a real nail-biter as to whether I would run out of beads before I ran out of row, but there are just nine beads left, plus the one that went flying at the coffee shop on Tuesday night and promptly vanished. [I heard one ping, and we all looked for it, but it must have gone into the same black hole that ate one of my bamboo DP’s at Knit Night a few years ago.]

I have no idea what I’m wearing to work today, or what I will do once I get there. I have a couple of phone calls to make, and a new case to open, but unless Attorney B brings me a whole raft of reports that are due, I may be sending out an email that says will type for food...

I did get to talk with Secondborn last night, half an hour of blissfully uninterrupted mutual support and laughter. And maybe 15 seconds with Middlest on the drive home, but she was at work. Just long enough to say that I love her and was thinking about her.

In spite of the whole coughing and hacking and generally-not-breathing well business, I feel better, overall, than I did earlier this week. I slept fairly well last night, and now it is time to go soak my head.

1 comment:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Dear Lynn, hope you feel better soon. Beading mania has struck at this side of the world too - now no project is adequate unless it is weighted down with plenty of bling and sparkle. Fun, isn't it?