About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pie are round. (Cornbread are square.)

So, I had an email from the new guy waiting for me bright and early yesterday morning, asking about a restaurant in Fort Worth which is supposed to be pretty amazing. Had I ever eaten there? No, I had not. Did I know anything about their coconut meringue pie? No, I did not.



But I do now. As you can see, it got jounced around in the to-go box, but that did not affect the flavor one little bit. How good was it? So far beyond the goodness of the banana pudding I had over the weekend, that it might as well be in its own universe.

Paris Coffee Shop ~ I would link to them, but Blogger is being wonky ~ is only open for breakfast and lunch, and closes for the Sabbath. (One more reason to like them.) Pie is a Monday through Friday thing; they only serve breakfast on Saturdays, and apparently pie is not a breakfast food?

Could have fooled me, as that is what I had for breakfast yesterday. And, until I got to Knit Night last night, it was the best part of the day.

Work was uncharacteristically frustrating. I wrangled with the recalcitrant mouse for five hours of what should have been, at most, a two hour project. Move the mouse half an inch. Wait for it to thaw. Move it three inches. Wait again. Reboot. Finally I cried uncle and got another mouse. Part of the problem is the new server. The one that is allegedly part of the solution. At any rate, I have a new mouse (my second in about three months), and when I left work it was happily bouncing between the monitors as a good little mouse should.

Lunch was catered, earlier than I normally eat, and spent with only one of my regular lunch companions. We legal secretaries had a special project, and lunch together was an edible team building experience. However, the online ordering function had lost my order, and mine was one of several the office manager had to reload an hour before lunch was scheduled to be delivered. So my box lunch was mostly-right.

I had planned to go to Knit Night briefly, then head to the laundromat. I stayed at Knit Night until after 9:00 (I know!), came home and noodled around online for another hour or so, and went to bed.

Lots of happy knitting yesterday, both at lunch and at Knit Night. Enough that the current stealth project will be finished today or tomorrow, and then I will have to clear the coffee table and start blocking.

I have no idea what I will be wearing to work today. Most of the closet is in bags in the backseat of my car. You know where to look for me after work tonight.

3 comments:

nekokoi said...

oh man, i love pie. it's like my favorite food group. xD next to potato at least.

AlisonH said...

If my plumber doesn't make it here today, I'll meet you at that laundromat. Gotta love pipes that fail the day before a kid goes back to university.

Jenni said...

I remember when you and I were driving cross country after grandma died and we had Tippin's pie for breakfast. I believe I ate two pieces. Definitely a good day. (All things considered.)