About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 05, 2011

Friday! Blessed be!

I double-wrapped the trick ankle last night before crashing; two ace bandages on one ankle, none on the other. Neither seems to be cranky this morning about the division of support. No toes fell off while I was sleeping. This bodes well.

There is a dance tonight. My spirit wants to go boogie. One of my friends is the DJ, and I want to support her. On the other hand, the week has been every bit as crazy-busy as I’d thought it would be, and the idea of a simple bowl of cereal for dinner, followed by an hour or so of knitting on the couch, with early bedtime for dessert, is mighty appealing.

I get to go to work late this morning. Why? I am picking up the cake for the office birthday party, and the store does not open until 8:00a.m. Which means that I can enjoy a leisurely breakfast, take all the time I need to fix my hair, get in a row or two of knitting, and mosey on out the door.

Found myself a little weepy at Firstborn’s on Wednesday night when we were talking about one thing and another. More so on the drive home, still more on the way to work yesterday. Finally I realized that it is part of the post-massage healing, and a sign that we did some really good work on Monday night.

Further confirmation of that conclusion came at the temple last night. There were several instances where Heaven was very near, and I was moved to tears.

Did you know that Charlie Chaplin was also a gifted composer? The “Road Rage Remedy” on the classical station on my drive to the temple, was a medley of three of his songs, ending with “Smile” (he composed the melody; others composed the lyrics and gave it the title).

Lovely song.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I've heard his "Smile" song several times recently, although I didn't know that someone else wrote the lyrics.

Jenni said...

I don't know what song y'all are talking about but it makes me thing I should you tube it or something.