About Me

My photo
Five years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, June 13, 2008

Happiness is *Not* a Warm Puppy

Happiness is a jar of Nutella in my drawer at work, and a clean spoon.

This is proof that, at least in some aspects of my life, all is neat, tidy, and serene. No, I didn’t have to spend 20 minutes rearranging the drawer before it was ready for its closeup. A minute and a half, tops.

Wednesday was a two-Coke day. Thursday was better. Just a one-Coke day, with the sweet anticipation of sleeping in today [until 6:13, alert the media!] and getting a manicure. And maybe frogging the Noro before stuffing it unceremoniously into a box.

Random note: the orchestra played excerpts from Phantom before graduation last Saturday. And I have had “Angel of Music” stuck in my head pretty much ever since. Have caught myself singing it in the shower, which I’m sure thrills the neighbors at 5:30am.

“Ravelled, you must have been dreaming; Noro was never for you,
Ravelled, you’d better get packing, [big finish] ‘cause the move is due…”

Maybe that single Coke yesterday was one Coke too many?

Last night was quiet and pleasantly productive. I put in the DVD that I rented last weekend and probably should have turned in Wednesday night [hello, late fee?] and repacked most of the boxes on and under the coffee table.

I’m about ready go wash laundry; I’ll drop off the DVD on my way there, and I’ll pay the fine and close out my membership after I’ve had my manicure later this morning. Then I’ll take my clean clothing and my lamps and a folding chair or two over to the duplex. I want to photograph the empty rooms in all their Zen stillness before the carefully-orchestrated madness of tomorrow begins.

Posts might be a bit thin on the ground for a few days. Since we didn’t know until last night, really, which half I will be moving into, I haven’t contacted the phone company to move my service. I will try to get all of today’s photos uploaded into drafts that I can pre-publish for tomorrow and Sunday. I can do fresh posts from Secondborn’s house, but I’d rather just go over there for R&R and maybe the odd bite of chocolate. And sweet kisses from my Bitties.

[photo shamelessly lifted from Secondborn’s blog]

Laundromat opened a few minutes ago. I need to put on my shoes and schlep stuff out to my car. Tonight is the monthly dinner with Brother Sushi. Could this day get any better?

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This is very exciting - the move is upon us! Let me know if I can bring over a mug of hot chocolate for you after church on Sunday.