About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

In Theory, I Have Phone Service

At least until it reaches the duplex. And I have a perfectly lovely post waiting in Word on my computer at home. I made a run to the apartment to pick up my other phone, to see if I could get a dial tone with it. And I can’t. So I brought both phones over here to Secondborn’s to see if we can get a dial tone here. And we can.

Which means that I need to call the phone company, oops, twenty-five minutes ago; guess it will be tomorrow morning. And we need to get somebody out to check the line inside the house.

The good news is, I didn’t have to ask 2BDH to come see if I’d put my computer together properly, as far as the phone lines are concerned. And I was able to upload lots of pictures to my computer, because I found my camera cable. [Can I get a woohoo?]

My old bedroom is ready to be vacuumed, and my bathroom is ready to scrub. LittleBit’s room and bathroom look like mine did before I started packing. [Sigh...] She’s had more hours than usual at the restaurant, and she’s looking for a job where she doesn’t have to work on the Sabbath. I called her and left her a nag-a-gram. I just want to get our stuff out and clean the apartment [correction: I don’t want to clean the apartment; I just want it to be clean].

I would show you a picture of the finished Flared Lace Smoke Ring, but it’s stuck inside my computer. Maybe tomorrow?

Last night at Knit Night I started frogging the Noro. The sweater parts were knit up with a strand of Noro and a strand of some very nice mystery yarn; I suspect alpaca from the sheen, the softness, and the lassitude of the frogged yarn. I finished frogging it this morning.

Time for family prayers and scripture study. I’ll try again from home, tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I understand about the wanting things clean and not wanting to be the one that has to do it.