About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, June 18, 2010

24.04%

That’s how much of my debt I have paid off since January 15. I have spent the past hour playing with my Excel spreadsheet, to the detriment of my pool-splooshing. I am now going to grab my gym bag and remedy that.

Driving in today, because I have dinner with a girlfriend tonight. Which reminds me that I need to pull that coupon from my inbox. (Rockfish: their jalapeno cream soup is calling my name.)

We have another meeting at work today. I am half sick of meetings, said the Lady of Shalott. [On the other hand, I learned a couple of interesting shortcuts yesterday that will simplify and speed up closing a file.]

But I got tapes, they’re multiplyin’
And I’m losin’ control
From the verbiage they’re supplying
Simply stupifyin’!

So I better type fast
[and here the parody breaks down, with apologies to Danny and Sandy]
Anybody want to help finish that chorus?

Happy Friday, y’all!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Yay for paying off debt! I updated my blog, we had a little bit of drama tonight (but don't worry, everyone is ok now).

Jenni said...

You better shape up. doo doo doot, cuz you need a man...

Lynn said...

I do, at that...