About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cue the Bay City Rollers!

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y - night! (You know you wanna...)

I-I-I-I just can’t wait
I-I-I-I got a date

Heading off to the pool for a little bit of splooshing and a whole lot of pondering. I do my best thinking when I’m in the water. I love being in the pool when most people are sensibly asleep. Yesterday I got an insight into a small something that has been bugging me for awhile. Three small somethings, actually, and I saw how they were interconnected, and maybe today I will start getting hints on how to deal with them. Or maybe I will just spend my splooshing-about time in contemplation of how revelation works in my life.

Yesterday was pretty busy (but not crazy-busy), and each time my thoughts were still, these three things would coalesce, and I would marvel at what I had not seen before.

Last night I wrote him, “I’ll get back to you tomorrow on the eating-in vs. eating-out option. Friday vs. Saturday was the last decision I want to make today.”

It looks as if tonight will be the first of three quiet nights at home. I might be able to start tackling those three small somethings. But I suspect that there will be adventures and honey-do’s popping up like mushrooms after the rain...

S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y - night!
I-I-I-I just can’t wait