About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pride goeth before a commute?

So, I was feeling pretty good about myself when I went to bed. I really, really hadn’t wanted to catch up the laundry, but I bribed myself with a second trip to the pool instead of the celebratory lap which takes in the drive-thru at Braum’s.

Got Mt. Washmore whittled down to molehill size

Took my old swimsuit out for one last spin (we are talking Major Spandex Breakdown here, to the point where I almost felt like a Rudi Gernreich model in the rear)

Discreetly and unceremoniously dumped it in the trash when I got out of the shower at the health club

Hung everything up here at home (I remembered to take hangers to the laundromat!!!)

Set the alarm for an hour later than usual

Checked Facebook

Worked on tomorrow’s blog draft

Toasted an English muffin to console myself for not getting the ice cream cone that I wanted

Went to bed.

Woke up to light, birdsong, and that sinking uh-oh feeling.

Needless to say, I’m driving in today. Might as well wear a skirt and go to the temple afterward. Maybe I will take pictures of the new doll, who is supposed to arrive at work today if the package tracking information is correct, sitting in the flowerbeds on the temple grounds.

No comments: