About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

You gotta like a guy who says...

... that it is OK to bring Chutzpah to dinner. I will just tuck her into a corner of my temple bag, where she will make far less bother than oh, say, that sheep key ring of mine.

We are meeting for dinner at a restaurant near the temple. I will also have my knitting with me. He is helping his son photograph a wedding reception that afternoon, and given MST (Mormon Standard Time) may very well be late.

I had a great day at work yesterday. Pretty much zeroed out my inbox, got a jump start on the new batch of vacation letters, and got a mediation scheduled for my other attorney. And progress in scheduling three other activities for him.

We are having our Founders Day celebration at work today. I anticipate lots of eating and not a whole lot of typing this afternoon. We have a rock and roll theme, and since I do not have a band concert shirt, I will wear my dontcha shirt and pretend it has Don Henley or Stevie Nicks on it. I am insufficiently fond of AC/DC to trek to Wally World and shell out my hard-earned cash for one of their t-shirts.

Who knew, back in 1973, that an Aussie metal band would become sufficiently mainstream to have their shirts sold at a big box discount store? Boggles the mind.

2 comments:

Tola said...

AC/DC is my guilty pleasure. really love them!

Jenni said...

Derek has a Led Zepplin shirt you could have borrowed.