About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

You gotta like a guy who says...

... that it is OK to bring Chutzpah to dinner. I will just tuck her into a corner of my temple bag, where she will make far less bother than oh, say, that sheep key ring of mine.

We are meeting for dinner at a restaurant near the temple. I will also have my knitting with me. He is helping his son photograph a wedding reception that afternoon, and given MST (Mormon Standard Time) may very well be late.

I had a great day at work yesterday. Pretty much zeroed out my inbox, got a jump start on the new batch of vacation letters, and got a mediation scheduled for my other attorney. And progress in scheduling three other activities for him.

We are having our Founders Day celebration at work today. I anticipate lots of eating and not a whole lot of typing this afternoon. We have a rock and roll theme, and since I do not have a band concert shirt, I will wear my dontcha shirt and pretend it has Don Henley or Stevie Nicks on it. I am insufficiently fond of AC/DC to trek to Wally World and shell out my hard-earned cash for one of their t-shirts.

Who knew, back in 1973, that an Aussie metal band would become sufficiently mainstream to have their shirts sold at a big box discount store? Boggles the mind.

2 comments:

Tola said...

AC/DC is my guilty pleasure. really love them!

Jenni said...

Derek has a Led Zepplin shirt you could have borrowed.