About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Because Everybody Needs A Little “Chutzpah”

Meet mine. She is a FairyLand pukiFée Ante, and she is 15.5 cm or 6+ inches tall. They make her in LittleFée size, too: 25cm, or a smidgen under 10 inches tall [about an inch shorter than Faith); however, this is the one I’ve wanted since I saw one at that mini-meet which Fourthborn and I organized at the Borders near my house, back when I was stitching up the skirt that I thought was going to fit my Jessica (now Fourthborn’s Eve) and turned out to be too small for Blessing, but which fits Celeste perfectly].



For scale.



After I took her to the church bookstore to show her off. I started teasing out one of her sausage curls. Here she is, standing in a flower bed at the temple.



So yes, I now have four dolls. [Hey, it could be forty cats. “Odd” is relative. (There’s your straight line.)]

I came home from the temple and spent the better part of an hour combing out something like two dozen sausage curls. She now looks as if she had a hair-tutu on her head. Fourthborn teased me about being afraid to play with Jessica’s/Eve’s wig before we traded dolls. I think we can safely say that I am over that. But you are going to have to wait to see that evidence. Chutzpah now looks like the small, determined force of nature which she is.

And I am heading out for my morning splash.

No comments: