About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Because Everybody Needs A Little “Chutzpah”

Meet mine. She is a FairyLand pukiFée Ante, and she is 15.5 cm or 6+ inches tall. They make her in LittleFée size, too: 25cm, or a smidgen under 10 inches tall [about an inch shorter than Faith); however, this is the one I’ve wanted since I saw one at that mini-meet which Fourthborn and I organized at the Borders near my house, back when I was stitching up the skirt that I thought was going to fit my Jessica (now Fourthborn’s Eve) and turned out to be too small for Blessing, but which fits Celeste perfectly].



For scale.



After I took her to the church bookstore to show her off. I started teasing out one of her sausage curls. Here she is, standing in a flower bed at the temple.



So yes, I now have four dolls. [Hey, it could be forty cats. “Odd” is relative. (There’s your straight line.)]

I came home from the temple and spent the better part of an hour combing out something like two dozen sausage curls. She now looks as if she had a hair-tutu on her head. Fourthborn teased me about being afraid to play with Jessica’s/Eve’s wig before we traded dolls. I think we can safely say that I am over that. But you are going to have to wait to see that evidence. Chutzpah now looks like the small, determined force of nature which she is.

And I am heading out for my morning splash.

No comments: