About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Better West End than Deep Ellum. :)

Taking my title from a recent comment by one of my kids. The West End was a trendy part of downtown Dallas, back in the mid-1980’s. Followed by Deep Ellum (the part of Elm Street which is east of downtown) in the 1990’s. There are lofts in Deep Ellum. There are studios and artists and wannabes and an assemblage of tattoos and piercings that would make P.T. Barnum proud, and I actually went there, unaccompanied, for a couple of poetry slams around the time of the divorce. I was feeling somewhat bulletproof in those days.

There is much to look forward to at work today. I am wrist-deep in transcribing a summary of several hundred pages of medical records, which my attorney has shaped into a smooth narrative flow. I have learned the names of several body parts, a new syndrome, and another medication.

I’ll finish that today and open a new lawsuit and find out how the deposition went yesterday afternoon. I may or may not go to the knitting group after work. I may or may not go to the local singles’ activity. I might just come home and finish the book I am reading and try to get some sleep. It has been a lovely, full week. I am looking forward to quiet time with the new guy and my family.

The fact that today is payday, is gravy. [With or without sausage, biscuit, or chicken fried steak.] Happy Friday!

No comments: