About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Stuff

So, I was a reasonably good Do-Bee and threw a small load of Stuff into the car and dropped it on top of a couch at the thrift store on my way to church. They had the driveway barricaded because they were closed, so I parked on the wrong side of the street (side street, breathe easy, y’all!) and schlepped it over the grass and sidewalk and parking lot in one trip. It may be there this morning, or somebody who needed it more than I do may have picked it up by the time the shop opens. Either way, not my concern. I am incrementally less Stuffed and am encouraged and inspired as to what should go into the next load. And when.

My scripture tote has gone missing. I looked in the Lost and Found at church. I looked on the couch, under the coffee table, under the table where I ordinarily stow it, along the tops of the ladderback chairs, which collect Stuff like you would not believe until they have individually or collectively had enough and fall down on the job. [Loudly, and generally when I least expect it.] I looked in the trunk. I called Firstborn, to see if I had left it there at the family party last weekend.

You will be amazed and delighted to know, however, that the remote which has been more remote than its companions (i.e., MIA for the better part of two years, inspiring the purchase of that universal remote which I could not figure out how to program), peeked out at me from where it has been hiding (beneath and to the rear of the monitor, resembling nothing so much as the rebellious chick beneath the hen in all those parables).

Came home from church and fixed a PBH sandwich, set the alarm, and crashed. Woke up six hours later. Have enjoyed a tall cool glass of water and am thinking about another, plus something a little more substantial. And then I think I will gather up the next load to go to the thrift store and make another swing by there on my way to or from work. Gym bag is packed. I am almost in the mood to put in a movie and sit on the couch and knit, but I think I want to have a little quality time with the shredder, first.

It was a good mini-vacation. Did I get everything checked off my list that I wanted to do? Nope. But it was a tasty mixture of the spiritual, the mundane, and the restful. While I could use another full week off, just to keep on with what I’ve started, I shudder to think what my desk at work would look like if I did.

I think tonight I will actually make it to the laundromat to do the laundry I thought was going to get done last week. Not holding my breath or betting the rent, but it’s looking like a real possibility.

Happy Monday, everybody!

No comments: