About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

So, the Rangers won.

I debated putting an exclamation point in the subject line, but I figured it would only freak out my kids. [Mom? getting excited about a sport?] What that win means, in my world, is that there will have to be at least a fifth game, so I will have a short day tomorrow. Traffic was crazy enough during the playoffs. I don’t even want to think what the roads are like in Arlington during these three days of the World Series.

I picked up Fourthborn early enough yesterday that we missed that traffic entirely, and LittleBit took her home from Secondborn’s party after a brief stop here to pick up Fourthborn’s dolls.

I curled up on the couch with my knitting and got the heel turned on Willow’s first sock. After breakfast, I plan on picking up the stitches for the heel gusset and working on that for awhile. Though I may take a break and re-string my coral necklace

As I predicted last night, a good night’s sleep has washed all the emotional flotsam and jetsam back out to sea. Have a blessed and peaceful Sabbath, everybody!

3 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

And why don't you celebrate the Celtic New Year along with me? Here, let's play Snapapple!

Lynn said...

Just so happens that I have apples in the fridge...

Kristen said...

Way to go Rangers! Here I am hundreds of miles away, cheering for Texas! I love baseball :)