About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ba-ba-ba-ba-bobber-ann!

You will be pleased to know that I do not need to buy any hooks, sinkers, bobbers, etc.; he has plenty. I am relieved, because I wouldn’t know a bobber if it bit me. [I do know what a sinker is. It’s that feeling you get when you are reconciling your bank account and realize that the tolltag people have liposuctioned $40 out of your account because your balance with them fell below $10, and you will be eating ramen noodles until payday. Not that that has happened recently.]

I bought my third box of Mucinex-D last night. That’s $80 in the past three weeks that I cannot deduct from my medical expense reimbursement account. Thank you from the bottom of my checkbook, members of Congress and Mr. President.

Other than that, I am liking the play just fine, Mrs. Lincoln. Mount Washmore has been reduced to a sandpile for the moment. Between work and that, there was a second episode of Knit Night, with a splinter group whom I had not seen in roughly two years, so that was fun. And I finished the actual knitting on the second Chutzpah sweater; well, all but the binding-off on the button band, because I want to use a larger needle for that. And then there will be some fiddly sewing-up of the sleeve seams and the grafting of two half-inch underarm seams, and we are done.

Very much looking forward to the temple tonight, as I feel as much stronger this week over last week, as I did last week over the week before.

I have started putting together my wish list and/or shopping list for when my bonus hits next week. I’m throwing everything on there, the needs and the wants, so that when I wake up on the day the eagle screams [one of my favorite lines from an old Kris Kristofferson song, It’s been a month of paydays since I heard that eagle scream (referring to people who are so tight-fisted that when they hold a dollar bill, the eagle screams; so not me)] I can just point and click and wait for the packages to show up at work.

I think I’ve found the best price on a white-over-white pair of Dansko/Sanita clogs to wear in the temple. I have been making-do with a pair of simple white slippers, and by the time I’m ready to go home on Thursday nights it’s sometimes difficult to get my feet back into my street shoes. I am also going to invest in some white support stockings, which will help alleviate the problem, if I can find them in knee-highs. I don’t need a lot of push at the ankles, just that little bit extra.

Time to rehydrate, and then to sluice off and scoot on out the door. I wish somebody would stay home and put the clean laundry away for me. [I need a wife.]

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That was the best part of my husband being laid off for a month, all the cooking and cleaning that got done while I was at work.

AlisonH said...

Birkenstocks forever, here. But then 6.5EE will do that to you.