About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, April 01, 2011

More weird dreams.

None of which involved smooching.

It was good to be at the temple last night. My energy levels remained fairly constant until a few minutes before the end of my shift. I stopped at Bueno on the way home for an IBC root beer (no caffeine) and a couple of cheesecake chimichangas. Then to another drive-thru for a small burger and minuscule packet of fries. Must have needed the salt.

Four more rows, I think, and I will be up to the armscyes on Chutzpah II (the sweater).

If I sound tired, it is because I am. I cannot decide if I need more decongestant, and if so which type. I do not want a relapse, and I am still a little harrumphy.

Today is the office birthday party, and my overarching goal is to not break the cake while transporting it out to the car. [And, perhaps, while splitting as many infinitives as humanly possible.] Because I did not order the cake until the end of my workday on Wednesday, it will not be ready for pickup at the beginning of my workday today. I will have to drop everything mid-morning to go fetch it. Thankfully, another member of the birthday committee is bringing the ice cream.

Between his work schedule and mine, his health blip and mine, his church responsibilities and mine, shall I go on? I have not seen the new guy since the singles conference two weekends ago. I only hope he is missing me as much as I am currently missing him. I think I will go discuss that with Heaven while I am poaching my head and figuring out what to wear. My first choice would be pajamas, and my second choice would be not going in at all, but see birthday cake, above.

Am about 99% sure that I will be skipping the dance tonight in favor of an early bedtime.

Be good, remember who you are, and make something pretty today.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm going to be making a pretty and delicious cake on my microwave at my Pampered Chef party tonight.

Bonnie said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon.