About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Mostly jots.

My friend Kristen had this to say, with a lovely illustration by one of my favorite artists.

My friend Alison had this to say.

What do I have to say? Apparently, a lot. I dropped Chutzpah and a blank frame for angel wings off at Fourthborn’s last night on the way home from work, skipping Knit Night in favor of another quiet evening at home. I sat at the computer and typed out my thoughts and feelings for what felt like hours, though not necessarily for publication. I also had a good if frequently-interrupted chat with Tola, who is coughing and you should pray for her. And a bit of a chat with the new guy as well.

I just took the last dose of prednisone, and another dose of Mucinex-D. While I am thankful for both, I like neither. I am wondering if this endless coughing-up is metaphorical as well as literal, and I suspect there are no quick and easy answers. The sense of being wired is exhilarating but also unpleasant. The coming-down leaves me feeling weak, tired, and vulnerable, with both a slightly flattened affect and an intermittently overwhelming urge to weep.

Friends, this is why we don’t do drugs, and why I am so thankful for the Word of Wisdom, which is our health code.

I slept well last night. Really well, and for a decent length of time. I also dreamed that my parents were still among us, and that they had opened my? their? telephone bill to see that it was $440 and past due, and all because of some choices on my part. [I did a lot of statistical typing yesterday; numbers were flying off my fingers like nobody’s business!] Thankfully, I do not have a $440 phone bill to pay on Friday.

I do have something fun planned for after work tonight, health and energy levels permitting. It has nothing to do with boys or chocolate. [Imagine that.] If it all comes to pass, I’ll share with you tomorrow. Which reminds me that I need to grab my camera.

4 comments:

Tola said...

awww thanks!

Jenni said...

Good luck and have fun.

Bonnie said...

I guess the plus side to all these meds is that you seem to be getting a decent amount of sleep, at least intermittently.

AlisonH said...

Tola and Lynn, both of you, get better!

As for the pred? It makes one feellikeasquirreloncrack.