About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, April 15, 2011

Uncharacteristically little to say.

I’ll wait while you pick yourselves up off the floor. Yesterday was a very good, if very long, day. My attorney took me to lunch for my birthday, since it falls on Sunday, and since I will be off through Wednesday. We walked a couple of blocks to a little sandwich shop where I got one of the best turkey subs of my life. Half of it for lunch, washed down with lemonade, a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie for dessert (eaten while transcribing a discovery summary for Attorney B after lunch), and the other half of the sandwich for dinner last night while sitting in the parking lot of the temple before my shift.

A good session last night. I am memorizing my favorite of the temple ordinances. I had been quietly doing groundwork for that, when I was going weekly as a temple patron, and that has definitely helped.

It took me nearly two hours to get home last night. It was 9:20 (I got to leave early) when I left the parking lot, the scenic route to Braum’s to pick up a dozen chocolate chip cookies, then onto the freeway to creep and sit, creep and sit, through two patches of road construction, the second of which I could have avoided by taking the alternate route. I sat down at my computer a little after 11:00 last night.

Another storm blew through last night. The trees were dancing on the temple parking grounds and along the street to Braum’s. There was marble-sized hail in Flower Mound. One of my FB acquaintances says there were tornadoes and much destruction up in Oklahoma. The new guy will be checking his garden this morning to see what, if anything, survived. I got a few spatters of rain on Lorelai’s windshield and a stiff breeze blowing through the windows when I didn’t have them rolled up in the rain.

I finished binding off the second Chutzpah-sized sweater when I woke up this morning. I hope to get the sewing-up done at lunch today. Or at least started.

This weekend is the Main Street Arts Festival in downtown Cowtown. I am hoping to go tonight with the friend with whom I had dinner on Tuesday night. I also need to make a second trip to the NailDude’s. His workmanship was just fine, but one of my thumbnails is coming apart under the acrylic, and I want to forestall a fungus infection.

I forgot to set the alarm when I went to bed last night, but I woke up right on schedule. I think this is going to be a day for cookies and milk at my desk. I still have some leftover fruit in the fridge at work, so I will take another container of Greek yogurt and do a yogurt-granola-fruit parfait for breakfast, and I have the bagels I took for yesterday’s lunch up in my cubby. There will not be a dearth of real food. But it just feels like a good day for milk and cookies.

So glad that I did my taxes early-on and will not be in line at the post office over the weekend.

Later, gators!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't even remember any rain or storms coming through my area last night. Either it skipped me or I slept really well.

AlisonH said...

Did you hear why it's April 18th? Because the 15th falls on a Friday, interfering with DC's holiday celebrating when, eight months pre-Emancipation Proclamation, Abraham Lincoln had every slaveowner in DC paid $300 for the freedom of their slaves, making DC a free haven for them.