Also the doll I wanted, plus the new bras and pair of shoes I was going to buy.
As comic relief [of a sort], a knitting joke, courtesy of my office manager, shortly after my work day began yesterday.
A blonde was knitting while she drove. A police officer drove up alongside and told her, “Pull over.”
She told him, “No, it’s a scarf.”
What I did yesterday:
1. Moved six days’ worth of (scanned) mail from the days that I was there, but our paralegal was on vacation. Also two days’ worth from when she was here, and I was out.
2. Asked for a rain check when my attorney asked if he could take me to lunch for Administrative Assistants Day. Why? Secondborn packed the cutest lunch for me on Monday night. Picture to follow, maybe, eventually, if I remember, once I have the new computer set up.
3. Calendared three (four?) scheduling orders. Each of which was the mental equivalent of having one’s teeth deep-scaled without anesthetic.
What I’ve done today:
1. One emergency pre-trial report. Emergency, because we got the trial setting yesterday, with timing such that the report is due today. Thankfully, my unflappable attorney had it dictated in two shakes of a lamb’s tail, and my type-like-the-wind-Daniel-san fingers transcribed it.
New computer gets ordered today. Bills are paid. You are not likely to hear from me, except on Facebook or by cell phone, until I get back to work on Monday. Be good, remember who you are, and go buy cute shoes for yourself, knowing that I am just the teensiest bit jealous [on the other hand, I am $339.48 closer to solvency than I was when I went to bed last night, and I can always save for the things I want.
Whoa! Who said that?
- Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!