About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

The ShoeDude rocks!

Not only do my brown clogs have new heels, he quite artistically blended them into the angle at the back of each shoe. I dropped off the black shoes I have been wearing to work all week, and Beloved or I will pick them up during the latter half of next week.

The new shoes which I ordered on Thursday will be here on Monday.

We have only a handful of boxes left to unpack in the kitchen. The first dishwasher load should be done about now, and I will fire up the next batch. I want to use my red dishes when we get invaded tonight by the Beloved-women and the Ravelled-women while our menfolk are at priesthood session.

I found an amazing silvery-lavendery-lilac button to finish off the cowl. Which got a $5 bid notwithstanding the $30-minimum that was on the sheet, because the good brother who was MC’ing the auction told people that, even if there were a minimum bid listed, if nobody had signed up for the item, to go ahead an make a bid.

I went back and put a sorry, no, next to the bidder’s name and wrote firm next to the $30-minimum which was clearly stated. There is about $50 worth of yarn in that cowl, at today’s prices, and nobody is getting my work for less than its value. So I wrote (another) check to the ward for the stated value, and I brought my cowl home. If somebody in the family loves it and wants it, it’s theirs. I won’t even make them wait for their birthday. And if not, there were people at work oohing and aahing over it. I will give it away, long before I let it go for a ridiculously low price to somebody who probably doesn’t know how to take care of it, anyway.

Hrmph!

The Saturday morning session of General Conference was amazing, as usual. Such wonderful, loving counsel and inspiration. Now the trick will be to put that inspiration into action.

Beloved has headed off to Parkland to get the chemo pump removed. Ordinarily I would go with him, but after I reload the dishwasher, I am going to make the first batch of cookies for tonight’s invasion.

The current project, Wingspan, is a delight. I like the yarn, I like the deceptive simplicity of the design, and it is such fun to work on nearly-mindless garter stitch for awhile.

Be good. Remember who, and Whose, you are. I’m off to dirty (and lick) a few bowls. I had to go to three stores before I found the Krusteaz lemon square mix I like. Extra lemon rind and lemon juice will go into the batch. I like my lemon squares distinctly tart. (Unlike my role models.)

No comments: