About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

An amusing problem to have

We have money. And no checks for the joint account. And the debit card is in my name, as we are not quite ready to shut down the other checking account at that bank. And Beloved’s tax refund hit our bank account overnight.

If we are very lucky, or very blessed (well, we are that, already) the new John Wayne check blanks will have come in the mail today. Somebody wants that new BBQ/smoker like you wouldn’t believe. If the checks are not here, then we will be making a little field trip to the store, either before or after our home/visiting teaching tonight.

I can’t blame him: I am nearly that impatient about ordering Hope. Ten days! Well, ten days and then something like two months before she gets here.

We had a young lady come by and test drive the Taurus. In theory, she will make her decision tomorrow.

It was a good day at work today. All of my to-do’s are to-did. And I got a bunch of virtual filing accomplished. My desk is pretty. I ate sensibly. And in about three minutes I will shut down the popcorn stand and go home.

At Knit Night, I made a new friend. I had met her before (I remembered her face). We had a chance to visit before everybody else showed up. And she had some of the KnitPicks alpaca tweed yarn I have been considering for the pillow covers for our spiffy chairs in the living room. The shade of gold is exactly what I wanted, and the tweed slubs match other colors in the cushions. I am so jazzed!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I can always help you spend money if need be.