About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, April 05, 2012

It’s gonna be a busy day.

Thankfully, we were asleep long before midnight, and I feel suspiciously rested this morning.

The cat is griping about something. He just came in after spending the night either sleeping in the boat or making the neighborhood safe for the rest of us. I hear Beloved out in the kitchen, telling the cat, “I don’t know what you’re complaining about. You have food. You have water.”

Opposable thumbs, maybe?

The re-do of Wingspan is coming along nicely. I have just begun the third repeat, and I like the width better; working with the yarn (Paca-Peds) is pure pleasure.

Beloved is riding along to the office with me today. He has chemo at 10:30, so I’ll take a break mid-morning and run him to Parkland. Before that, he will hang out in the lovely atrium of our building, which features a dozen or more real trees growing in pots. One of our friends will take him home afterward.

I have leftover beef stew to take for lunch today, and I pre-buttered a whole wheat bollilo roll, put wax paper between the halves, and wrapped it up nicely. I think there is a banana that might be ripe enough for my taste, for a snack during the day.

Work is going well. My desk is tidy at the end of the day; I’m getting through the incoming mail and filing my work-related emails in a timely manner; my raise hits in three weeks; and I’ve completed the quarterly tweaking of my 401K. (Every quarter I look at performance, transfer funds from one bucket to another if necessary, and give thanks that I have a 401K in the first place. Most of you would laugh, or wince, at the balance in my account, but having been scarily poor for much of my adult life, I look back to where I was and think Wow!)

The Lamisil is working on my sad little toes.

Breakfast is ready, and I need to figure out what I’m wearing to work. Temple tonight. Can’t wait!

No comments: