About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 19, 2018

The bubopsy.

One of my favorite scenes from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

Apparently it didn't load. The scene where the aunt is talking to the groom's parents about the bump on her neck that got bigger after she went through menopause. And turned out to have teeth in it.

I had a semi-random thought in the past day or so that I ought to be hearing back about that ultrasound. This afternoon, I did. I am checking Facebook while in the loo. Phone rings.

"Hello, Ms. Ravelled? This is J, the nurse at Wonderful Doctor's. Is this a good time to talk?"

Me: "I'm in the loo. I'll try not to make any explody sounds."

J: [helpless snort] "We got the results on your ultrasound, and the radiologist and Wonderful Doctor both think we need to do a biopsy. Dr. N in our practice group does them, but I don't know how you feel about having a male doctor do the procedure."

Me: "I have absolutely no issues with that. One question: does he have small hands?"

J: "I've worked with him for fourteen years, and it's never occurred to me to look at his hands."

Me: "OK, fine, when can we do this?"

Upshot is that I'm set for the afternoon of April 3, conveniently on a day when I'd already be going to Arlington to pick up Fourthborn for Knit Night. Although I'm not sure I'll be fit for company afterward. I'm currently attempting to recognize, honor, and process the various emotions that are playing Chinese fire drill in my mind and body. I've been fidgety all day, even before I got this news. Tonight my feelings tasted like pizza with a few spoonsful of Denali Extreme Moose Tracks for dessert. And now I'm going to go knit.

Prayers and positive thoughts, if you please.


No comments: