About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Yarn chicken and a lifeline

Sunday night I put a lifeline in, eight rounds up from the last band of lace, and decided to see how many more rows I could get in plain stockinette without running out of yarn. If I have calculated correctly, I will be able to knit the band as designed, bind it off, and stitch it down, with a couple of yards to spare. So I pulled my needle out, reinserted it in round 14, and frogged away. I have since knit the picot round and two of the eight rounds of stockinette for the hem. I will probably knit a round or two more before bedtime, but I had to get up and do something else for awhile.

I think we have finally come to the end of the paperwork avalanche re: my workers comp claim, my application for short term disability when I missed all that time at work, and Social Security. I read through the SS pamphlet over the weekend, and I was briefly alarmed about a couple of things, but I went to the website and got my questions answered fairly quickly. The first paperwork said I'd be getting my deposit on the third Wednesday of each month, but the most recent information says it will be the second Wednesday. Who am I to argue with that?

Last night, as we ate dinner, Middlest and I had a long and heartfelt discussion. It was very sweet and tender. I sure do love that kid!

Finish-itis has overcome much of my desire for reading over the past couple of weeks. However, I borrowed a book from my office manager this afternoon and am thoroughly enjoying it. In fact, it's calling my name as I type. Later, gators.

P.S. I find it delightfully ironic that a catalogue from World Vision should appear in my mailbox three days before I get my bonus.

No comments: