About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, March 05, 2018

Tree dudes came (before and after pics)

Front of the house, with stump, pecan, something behind it that I'm keeping for now, vastly overgrown crape myrtle, miscellaneous volunteer trees, and a Texas sage that is staying because it's so pretty when it blooms. Even though I'm probably allergic to it.

Here you can see the poor pecan tree. That branch extending to the right is going, as is the one reaching out to you in front, and probably the one extending to the left.You can see the "something behind it that I'm keeping for now" more clearly in this photo, as well as one of the small crape myrtles that will get topped off at about 5' high. The rolling tractor seat has been shoved up against the pecan tree to keep it from rolling down to the retaining wall. The Lawn Dudes never put it back in the right spot, so I'm going to have to figure something out that establishes its home.

Profile of the trimmed tree. The birds were cussing me out this morning.


This the second crape myrtle.


And after its haircut.


This is a dwarf Burford holly, and it's getting trimmed and shaped.


Like this.


Au revoir, Stumpy. It was great while it lasted.


The guys pitched my little planter. I made them put it back.


This is the front of the house now, with all of the trash trees gone.

  

This is that little crape myrtle bush that was hiding behind the pecan tree in the second picture


OK, I'm done. Night, y'all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much neater and cleaner! Way to go tree dudes!