About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

A suspiciously Really Good Day

Disclosure: I am killing (or at the very least, bruising or mercilessly teasing and tormenting) time while waiting for Wordle to tick over.

I was well enough today to skip one dose of my inhaler and two doses of cough suppressant. I have, however, dutifully taken all of my evening meds. After work, I left the wrangling of two Instacart deliveries in the capable hands of the bipolar bears, and I took a four-hour nap that was sorely needed and much appreciated.

Yesterday I was able to bring my To-Do's up to date. Today I got all but one of the allotted ones dealt with and winnowed down the inbox relating to my record-ordering tasks to a manageable half-dozen emails or so, which I shall dispatch when I log on again in the morning. My personal inbox continues to resemble the Augean stables. I hope to have it more or less under control by the end of the week.

I'm still running a low-grade fever, and my appetite is unpredictable. May I state for the record that the Kirkland supreme pizza with sausage and pepperoni on a cauliflower crust is an improvement over the Milton pizza I've been eating for three years or so. There are seconds waiting in the fridge for tomorrow.

The taps are dripping, because we're expecting another freeze tonight. Ah, the joys of living in Texas, where the weather is even more unpredictable than my appetite.

May I also state for the record how nice it is to breathe deeply and freely; to laugh without consistently triggering a coughing attack (there were only a couple of those today, soon over); and to experience fewer episodes of nodding off while vertical.

That's all I have for you today. Sitting here in gratitude with eight minutes to go before I Wordle.

No comments: