About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Quick post before work.

The bronchitis seems to be gone. I didn't need my inhaler yesterday. The infection in my legs is visibly less angry, and the swelling is down. I'm about halfway through the sulfa drug that was prescribed on Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday was the best, most productive day of work I've had in weeks, and I am so thankful. I had a very slight fever when I took my temperature this morning, so I will work from home and hope for more of the same.

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, I am caught up through Dr. Strange.  Which was an entertaining and visually confusing movie. When speaking to Middlest and Fourthborn this morning, I likened it to a snow globe designed by M.C. Escher. I had to close my eyes briefly, several times, just to keep my head clear. So tonight will be Thor: Ragnarok, and I am very much looking forward to it.

I have not knitted for something like a month and a half. I cannot tell you why, exactly: frustration with the multiply-frogged most recent project (cowl? shawlette?) might be the culprit. I look at the neatly wound cakes of yarn, and part of my mind goes "oh yes, please," while another part goes "but not now."

I need to go find two clean compression socks and symbolically gird my loins for the day ahead. I've had a tall mug of chicken broth and am nearly to the bottom of a mug of hot chocolate. Middlest is going to slice a bagel for me in a few minutes. I am all sloshy and need to send down something solid to sustain the warmth and provide some protein for the adulting which lies before me.

Wish me luck.

No comments: