About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Three Days In

I think this new combination of meds is working. I got through the workday with minimal brain fog and distraction, in part because of all the sleep I got over the weekend. I still had a low-ish fever this morning. It will be interesting to see if that carries through to tomorrow.

After work, Fourthborn accompanied me to Braums so I could pick up more milk and orange juice. I wanted someone riding shotgun in case I had a sudden lapse in attentiveness or consciousness. Thankfully, neither occurred, and I got a few minutes of one-on-one time with my kid.

I did take a catnap during my lunch hour, just enough time spent horizontally and dozing that I woke up slightly discombobulated, but that passed quickly. I do not understand how some people can take a 15-minute or 20-minute nap and get anything out of it. Does. Not. Compute.

Tonight I dug out my Zentangle supplies and listened to The Mysteries of Udolpho while attempting to follow this week's prompt in the classics group. I also preceded that with the first episode of season two of The Mandalorian. I learned very quickly that watching TV (i.e., paying attention to the plot and watching the action) is not compatible with drawing and that pausing the program to tangle for a few minutes sucks all of the joy out of both activities. Did I finish the tile? No, but I still have the better part of ten hours left on my audiobook, and I am intentionally not rushing the project. I'm quite pleased with roughly half of it, reasonably pleased with another quarter, and soldiering away on the remaining quarter, which I trust will look more impressive once I've shaded it.

My knitting has also been stuck for a couple of months; maybe it will come unstuck as well.

It is now officially Tuesday morning, and Wordle has ticked over. Later, gators.

No comments: