About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 15, 2022

No fever this morning!

So I called in to say that I'd be driving in after getting the nail out of Diana's left rear tire. I also had them change the oil while we were there. There was still quite a bit of traffic, even though it was well past rush hour. I did stop at La Madeleine to pick up a quiche Florentine and a cup of Strawberries Romanoff, in celebration that I would soon be connected to the bigger, faster server and at least theoretically able to be more productive.

Well, kids, I kinda overdid it. I realized after walking up the eight steps from the parking level to the elevators that I had left my shiny new inhaler at home. Talk about winded! It got better once I'd logged in and eaten a few bites of the quiche, but I never felt 100%, and my neck was all tense from the drive in (that never used to happen; I love to drive), and I even got a little dozy two or three times.

I took my temperature a few minutes ago, and it was 99.8, which would be nearly 101 for normal folks like you. So it's a good thing that I followed the hunch (or maybe spiritual prompting) to bring everything right back home in case I had a fever tomorrow. Fever or no fever when I wake, I'll be working from home, because the rule is that I have to be fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medicine. And tonight blows that out of the water.

On the other hand, my ankles are looking better. I finish that medicine tomorrow.

And I stocked up at Trader Joe's on the way home from work. I have almost no appetite, but the goodies will be there when I'm ready for them. I'm feeling a little meh but mostly just tired and listless. I did enjoy watching two episodes of WandaVision, however.

I'm going to fire up the shiatsu massager and see if that helps. Night, y'all.

No comments: