About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 13, 2022

The cough persists.

As does the low-grade fever. The cellulitis appears to be on the wane. Which is a good thing, because sulfa pills have a loathsome aftertaste, rather like what I imagine the bottom of a birdcage to be. The doctor prescribed a week's worth, but the pharmacy gave me ten days' worth, and you best believe that I am taking every one of those nasty bozos.

Have I mentioned that I've succumbed to the charm which is "Wordle?" Today's nearly had me stumped. I generally manage to solve them in four or five clues, but there were two last week that required all six and netted me a "phew" in response. I don't know if that means the laser guns nearly got me (pew! pew!) or if it is an alternate spelling of "whew" that is, quite obviously, wrong.

I watched Avengers: Infinity War last night-into-this-morning. Spoiler alert for anyone who, like me, had not seen it: I knew a lot of Avengers were going to die. I did not expect so many, or which ones. I'll watch Avengers: Endgame after church today.

Which is my clue to wind this up, figure out what I want for breakfast, and ready my nest (including an ice pack for my lower shins), because Zoom church begins in 19 minutes.

Good Sabbath, and remember who and Whose you are.


No comments: