About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, February 06, 2022

Sister Ravelled, Sister Ravelled, dormez-vous? dormez-vous?

There was a whole lot of sleeping last week. There was very little working, and I am wildly behind again. I'm hoping to be able to drive into work tomorrow, and I will need to get one of Diana's tires patched in the very near future.

There has been another health complication. I'm not sure if it's a reaction to the antibiotic, but I'm having a recurrence of the cellulitis in my lower legs. I went to church in person today and got a priesthood blessing after sacrament meeting, then drove up to the after-hours clinic to get checked by the doctor on duty. At one point he put one wonderfully cool hand on a hot-spot (testing for fever) and said, "I bet that feels good right now." It did. I wish I could have cloned his hands and brought the clones home in lieu of an icebag or a bag of frozen peas. (I cooked up the last of the peas a couple of days ago, alas.)

So now I have an Rx for sulfa, and I'll take it midway between my doses of antibiotic. By the way, in case you didn't know or have forgotten, sulfa tastes n*a*s*t*y. I chased it with a short glass of orange juice and half a Costco double chocolate muffin.

I finished watching Ant-Man and am about to start watching Captain America: Civil War.

Later, gators.

No comments: