About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Domo Arigato, Noro-San

So, I laid out my outfit yesterday morning: teal pants, dark chocolate brown T-shirt, leopard/paisley scarf, brown beaded suede jacket, brown socks, thinking “I want to feel pretty on the train.” You know, just in case there was an opportunity to flirt. And realizing two things: (1) I was not going to make the train and would have to drive, and (2) we have visitors coming to the office today and I need to look nice for them.

Two birds. One color-coordinated slingshot with an assortment of semi-precious stones.

I have had these Iranian donkey beads for over 20 years. The first one [don’t ask me which one it is] belonged to my mother-in-law. I found nine others at a shop not too far from where I am now living. For the past 20-some years they have been threaded on an aqua suede shoelace [20 years ago I would have said “thong”, but that word has been co-opted], which over time has faded and become exceedingly grubby.

This is what I did after church on Sunday. Four yards of skinny black leather cord and a handful of knots give me this. I also polished Mom’s turquoise ear studs. Exceedingly blurry; sorry.



This is what I wore to work yesterday. Taken by my good friend C. [Somebody is in serious need of a haircut.]



Very comfy in the office yesterday. One of my friends kept saying, “I’m so cold!” To which I would reply with a grin, “I’m not.”

Since I had the car, I drove down to the VA Hospital after work and before my HFPE meeting at church. The children’s father looks way better than he did this time last week. They are taking good care of him. He was able to walk a little on Monday, without assistance. His speech was clearer, and he used the word modicum [correctly, and in context].

According to Firstborn, the medical staff is cautiously optimistic about getting him into assisted living rather than a nursing home, when he’s ready to leave the hospital. They are looking both in Fort Worth and Arlington. Speaking strictly for myself, I hope they find him a place in Arlington, because the hospital district is within my ward boundaries. If he ever returns to activity in the church, which would be a good thing, I would prefer it not to be in my ward. I am tired of moving.

[Forgiveness is one thing; masochism is another.]

Much happy knitting yesterday. More of the same is in the forecast for today. And now if you will all excuse me, I need to go spiff up for work and/or the commute.

3 comments:

Tola said...

it's one thing to be meek and humble, and quite another to be a doormat. im too often a doormat.

punkin said...

It is always nice to hear from you. The tweedy yarn is a muted blue like a military blue. The yarn is Rowan Yorkshire Tweed. Unfortunately, it is discontinued (but that is how it became affordable).

Jenni said...

Found nursing home a stone's throw from 2B, don't worry, no moving for you any time soon.